Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Body lies


my body lied to my mind

that you are beautiful

more beautiful than I am,

but my mind says

I am just as beautiful,

maybe more,

maybe just unique

but beautiful.



they argued and fought,

my mind poisoned and broken

schemed to crack your beauty

you cant be more beautiful

but my body kept shouting

my mind listened and writhed

in anger

in rage

in disappointment

in hate

in strife



then competition started

in my girlish mind

seeking for beauty in powder

and ponds and creams

so my body smiled

cooled my mind

soothed my mind

that I was beautiful.



but my dance in the mirror

faltered and my mind broke

powder flaked from my face

and my skin scaled

the cosmetic beautiful mind

that my body boasted

were mere body lies



i looked at your natural face,

saw the beautiful mind you adorned,

looked within my mind

and in haste sought chastity

forgot body lies

now I know I am beautiful

my mind lies with my beauty

no body lies

No comments:

Post a Comment